We Will Not Sell Your Information to Third-Parties.
We will not sell or rent your information to third-parties, for any purpose. In the future we hope to present you with “offers” from insurance, financial and other companies that we believe you may benefit from. The offers will be completely optional and you will have no obligation to participate. Companies will pay EmergencyLink to present offers to you, which we will do in the form of a monthly email from EmergencyLink. You will have the opportunity to opt out from such offer emails and it is through these emails that we are able to offer you EmergencyLink as a free service.
How We Protect Your Data.
Sophisticated Data Encryption: EmergencyLink uses state-of-the-art technology and industry best practices for data encryption during transit to and from the EmergencyLink service, as well as while stored within system.
- Encryption at transfer with 256-bit SSL
- Encryption keys are securely stored in separate locations and frequently rotated
Comprehensive Reporting and Audit Trails: EmergencyLink provides reporting capabilities and comprehensive audit trails for nearly every action or activity that occurs within service. Administrators can track account actions, document lifecycles, suspicions activities and more.
- Track users, email address, IP address, date/time for all actions taken
- User access is monitored and flagged in the event of unauthorized usage
- Track login errors and suspicious activates (i.e.: repeated login attempts)
- Prevent repeated/scripted bot attacks
Network Protection: The EmergencyLink network is constantly monitored and undergoes frequent threat assessments to ensure data protection. Our multiple Internet backbone connections provide routing redundancy and high-performance connectivity.
- Servers reside behind robust firewalls that selectively grant access to network resources
- External penetration testing ensures system security and validation
- Redundant systems in multiple geographic locations to minimize downtime
- Always-on backup systems prevent data loss
- Scalable cloud architecture enables instant response to meet user demand
Our Practices to Protect Your Online Security
- We protect your passwords
- We encrypt your passwords so no-one knows it but you.
- We maintain state of the art security practices certified by Verisign, one of the industry’s most trusted security authorities. The Norton Secured seal of trust on our site means our website passes a daily malware scan and can be verified by clicking on the “Norton Secured” icon that appears in the footer of every page on our site.
- Phishing prevention
At EmergencyLink we take the privacy and security of your data very seriously and encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.