Last updated on December 18th, 2019
Leptigen is advertised as a safe and effective supplement for weight loss that includes the ingredient Meratrim. Find out if it really works by reading the review.
Claims: To be able to boost metabolic rate, speed up fat loss, control blood sugar levels and reduce the need t snack between meals.
Positives: Contains some good ingredients.
Negatives: Quite a lot of negative customer reviews
Summary: A weight loss pill that has suffered from hype.
We recommend checking our best weight loss pill ranking page where we have rated the most effective products
Leptigen is a weight loss supplement that has been shown to help boost metabolism. It is made using clinically formulated ingredients
What is Leptigen?
Leptigen is a diet pill produced in America and distributed worldwide via the official website.
The marketing campaign is almost entirely focussed on the fat burning abilities of the ingredient Meratrim, but the formulation also contains three other ingredients and their combined presence accounts for almost 50% of the capsule content.
The Advertised Benefits
The top 5 benefits of using Leptigen are:
- Faster metabolism
- Accelerated fat loss
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Diminishes weight-loss plateaus
- Reduces hunger between meals
How Does Leptigen Work
The manufacturer’s claims suggest Leptigen has been designed to assist weight loss by providing appetite suppression and fat burning.
The possibility of appetite suppression is not mentioned in the marketing claims, but scientific study shows the appetite can be influenced by fluctuations in blood sugar levels; so by controlling blood sugar levels the formulation could (in theory) also help control the appetite.
The claims made for the blend’s metabolism boosting abilities are not surprising, because speeding up the metabolism helps the body to burn calories faster and get to work on its stores of fat (diet permitting) that bit sooner.
The Ingredients in Focus
One Leptigen capsule provides:
- Meratrim (400mg): A plant-based proprietary blend that rose in popularity on the back of an endorsement made on national (American) TV by Dr Mehmet Oz. He quoted scientific data that painted Meratrim in a favourable light and also conducted his own study of the ingredient, using women from his audience. The women were instructed to take a 30 minute-per-day walk, five times a week and consume no more than 2000 calories per day. The women were also provided with daily doses of Meratrim. Oz’s recommended calorie intake and exercise levels mimicked those of the successful studies and the average weight loss was 3lbs. However, the average woman needs to consume 2000 calories per day to maintain the same weight, so it is questionable if the weight loss achieved was attributable to Meratrim or merely diet and exercise.
- Green Tea Extract (200mg): Green tea is one of the few weight loss ingredients, in common use, that is actually capable of delivering the goods. In 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a human-based study that showed supplementation with green tea extract can increase energy expenditure over a 24-hour period, encourage fat oxidation, and trigger thermogenic fat burning.
- Chromium: (100mcg): Chromium’s popularity as a fat burner can be traced back to the 1950s, when a clinical trial conducted on lab rats produced favourable results. But things that may work well for rats are not always so successful for humans and several studies [1, 2, 3], conducted since the turn of the century suggest chromium supplies no weight loss benefits at all. However, the results of one study suggest chromium may be effective for controlling blood sugar levels.
- Natural Caffeine USP (75mg): Caffeine can increase energy levels and boost concentration. Numerous clinical trials, including this one, conducted in 1980, also support its ability to encourage fat burning. Caffeine provides still further benefits by supplying appetite suppression.
How to Take Leptigen
One capsule is required two times per day and each dose should be taken 30 minutes before eating a meal. For best results the capsules should be used in combination with a low calorie diet and regular exercise. The manufacturer also states the importance of drinking at least eight glasses of water each day.
Leptigen Customer Reviews and Feedback
The Leptigen website showcases a number of “real success stories” that suggest the capsules work in the manner intended, but customer feedback that is obtained from such a biased source is not to be relied upon and no independent feedback was available at the time of this review.
Here are a selection of reviews from customers that have had a good experience using Leptigen.
A great product, I have really lost weight.
I have been using for almost 3 month and definitely say tat I have lost weight. I am now able to get into some clothes have not been able to for about 5 years. I am thrilled.
This is now month 2 and the weight is just falling off of me.
Here are a selection of reviews from customers that have had a bad experience using Leptigen.
Didn’t lose any weight whatsoever with Leptigen. Waste of time and money
I recommend to avoid. I did not lose an weight, if anything I gained a few pounds.
Not for me I’m afraid. Everything was was wrong with this product from start to finish. It arrived very late, I lost zero lbs and it made me feel sick.
Side Effects & Health Considerations
The manufacturer admits a few users may experience side effects, and warns supplementation should be stopped if headaches or increased heart rate become apparent.
Leptigen is also an unsuitable option for pregnant or nursing mothers or anyone under the age of 18.
Anyone who has existing health issues should obtain their doctor’s approval prior to commencing supplementation. The same advice is offered to people who are taking medication.
The manufacturer promises a 120-day money back guarantee, but the returns policy on the official website states returns of “overly used products” will not be accepted.
Where to Buy Leptigen
Leptigen can only be obtained via the sales page on the Leptigen website, but the company also markets the product via affiliate marketing partners, some of which have created sites that appear to have a sales page. However, in all cases the product is actually shipped via the manufacturer. The affiliates are merely middle men and do not carry any stock.
Each bottle of Leptigen contains 60 capsules (30 day supply) and has a retail price of $109.95 (£70), but bulk buy incentives are available and the best deal goes to customers who order three bottles of pills and secure a saving of $20 (£13) on each bottle.
We cannot recommended as in our opinion better products exists.
We recommend PhenQ – a multi action diet pills that is available without prescription that can burn fat, block a portion of newly introduced fat as well as suppress appetite.
PhenQ has a 60 money back guarantee and ships with a zero deliver delivery anywhere in the world.
At the time of writing Leptigen was out of stock in several of the most likely places to order. The Amazon page does not exist. It would appear that it is discontinued.
Meratrim (400mg): A plant-based proprietary blend
It is unlikely if taken in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines and directives.